Vo Vera follows a path that speaks for the highest version his Self. A Latin abstraction that means, “to religiously devote oneself to,” Vo Vera is the amalgamation of a lifetime of balance-seeking and dedication to his artistry. Vo Vera serves to inspire the next generation via development of innovative conceptual art and experiences that explore the human condition using his creative toolbox of dance, movement language synthesis, performing arts, poetry, and photography.
Pedagogical Statement & CV available upon email request.
TEACHING & EDUCATION
– Adjunct Faculty at Maricopa
Community Colleges – Hip Hop, Yoga
– Faculty Associate at ASU – Hip Hop, Yoga
– MFA Dance Candidate at ASU (Graduation: Fall 2023)
– 10+ years experience teaching dance, yoga, & movement at studios,
festivals, & other special events around the Western USA.
WORKSHOPS & MASTERCLASSES
– Hip Hop (Social/Party Dances)
– Creative Movement Practices
– Street Movement Concepts
– Framing: A Street Dance Technique
– BREAKasana (Yoga-based)
– Balances & Inversions (Yoga-based)
Framing is a street dance technique that Vo Vera has developed and codified in pare with his MFA Thesis as a graduate student at Arizona State University.
- v1 is a tactile trace style that draws from a 13-point grid involving global, mid-limb, and distal joint groups.
- Framing: A Street Dance Technique – American College Dance Association West Conference – 2023
- The [Self] Practice – National Dance Education Organization Conference – 2022
- Hip Hop: A Movement Workshop Through The Lens of The Sacred – Gem & Jam Festival – 2021-2022
- Street Dance Concepts – American College Dance Association West Conference – 2016-2023